- Metal detectors are used mainly to preserve
granulator and other cutting machines.
- Moreover, in some applications, metals will go together
with plastics and need to be removed at a certain point
of the line.
- Here some of the most common methods to achieve
- Conveyor belts can be
equipped with Metal Detector.
Metal Detector is a device that gives a signal (open
or close a contact) when the magnetic field change because
of some metals.
means that in the area around it shouldn't be any metal,
including the frame of the conveyor belt itself.
can be mounted on flat, inclined conveyors with rubber
or plastic bands.
metal is detected, you should configure the electrical
circuit in the way not only the conveyor on which the
device is mounted stops, but all the machinery working
before it should stop as well.
for safety reasons, after the metal has been manually
removed, the operator must push the reset button and
re-start everything single machine.
- As far as automatic metals removing,
there are two ways to get results.
- First is the overband conveyor with
a magnetic plate that will pick up carbon
- Second is the electrostatic separator
that will make to jump all conductive
metals (aluminum included).
- Unfortunately this last one has
little effect on small particles (because
rejection is proportional to the mass)
therefore small particles could be left
together with flakes.