- Plastic scraps recycling is a relative new
business and a lot more can be done to get better results
with simpler machines and, hopefully, cheaper prices.
- To achieve the result, all machinery manufacturers
need customers support, because of the fact customers know much better than manufacturers
the tricks to make a machine working the way it should, within its specific
field of application.
- Here a list of most common machines used into plastic
recycling systems, for sorting, size reduction, separation
washing, rinsing, drying and so on.
- Follow the link of the one that is of interest to
- The description of each machine is within
its relative section.
- In most plastic recycling lines,
of scraps is the very first step.
- Following the link you'll find some
description of what manual
and automatic sorting means,
the good and bad aspects of each one.
- Equipment used for sorting are Bales
Breaker, mainly used for
bottles washing, Conveyor
Belts with different set
Detectors and Separators, with different configurations
- After separation plastic scraps
should go to size
reduction; in this section
we will be talking about Shredders
- A good separation
is what makes the final product pure
therefore there is a description of Dry
Separators and wet separation with
Tanks and Hydrocyclones.
- There is also some description
of different ways of washing
Machines with some little explanation
systems, according with the scarps
you will be dealing with, together with
methods with Rinse-Dryers
and finally drying,
that is one of the most difficult things
to achieve in plastic recycling,
by means of mechanical Centrifuges.
- Other equipment commonly use are
Units, and Mixing
- When your scrap is clean and dry,
you may want to upgrade your final product
according with what it is; for this
you may want to go with an Agglomerator
(densifier) specially in case of
thin film washing, a Pelletizing
Lines together with Polymer
Filtration and speaking about PET
and any Crystal Polymer, an IV upgrade
- And do not forget dirt doesn't disappear
but goes into Water;
few words about a very important subject.
- To see how to put everything together,
please go to the Complete
Systems page where there is a detailed
description about how and why you should,
or shouldn't, use each device.