- Municipal scraps recycling is getting common
in nowadays because, in most countries plastic recycling
- And here some description of a mix-plastics recycling
line with all the good and bad parts of it.
- Here I'll be talking about the light fraction of municipal plastic waste.
- What normally happens after all
plastic is collected, is separation
of bottles (PET and LD/HDPE), crates,
toys and all heavy items from films.
- This "film" is mainly
LDPE from shopping bags and packaging,
heavy printed PP from packaging as well,
foamed and not PS trays, some PET
and HDPE bottles left.
- And now the worse part of it: fabrics,
sock, cleaning pads and......you name
- This to tell you this is a challenge
and to get a good material out of it,
it's kind of difficult and sometimes,
mainly for economical reasons, impossible.
- The reason is simply because textiles
like cotton, wool etc, will go all the
way to the filter, together with cleaning
pads, that are quite many, expanded
and foamed plastics will float together
with PE, PP and all good material.
- As far as washing, there are not
many problems but a good, effective
separation is almost impossible.
- If final product can be a pellet
for injection molding or, in other words,
filtered with a 0,5 mm. screen, no problem,
but trying to go under this, can be
- Unless to work a lot with filtration
- For a more detailed description
of the process please click HERE