- Water handling is the big issue of any plastic
- A well design water circuit will make you save thousands,
in water cost itself and energy as well.
- Before going to discharge you're going to need water
treatment of some kind.
- Another option is zero discharge but it worth
the money ?
filtration and treatment||
- After you got the very best, well working system available in the market,
you find out you just started because
dirt didn't disappear but it is all
into water you used to get your scrap
- And here you are, scratching your
head because the expert of water treatment
system wanted to know which kind of
contamination he should remove and you
don't have the answer.
- And nobody does.
- According with the country you're
living in, cost of water can be very
different together with the rules for
discharging so a suggestion about how
to solve the problem is something difficult
at this stage.
- Systems can vary according to cost
of water first, energy and labour costs.
- What you need to have in any case,
is a set of mechanical filter, for solids
removal along the washing line so the
dirt cannot accumulate in any part of
the system and, even if water is and
remains dirty, contamination level is
- For example in the pre-washing circuit
system, water shouldn't be clean at
all but, at the same time, if you don't
have a filtering system. dirt accumulates
till the point the pre-washing doesn't
have any effect any more.
- A little more about some specific
water filtering concerning the removal
of glue on PET washing lines.
- The caustic soda - surfactants glue
removal circuit, running with hot water,
needs a pretty sophisticated filtering
system to remove glue and deliver a
clean solution, keeping water as hot
as possible to save energy.
- Of course, the system does exist
but the price of the equipment is high
indeed; the story is always the same:
- Higher investment equal to lower
- What's best ?
- Just tested a new device that seems to work well with low cost both from investment and operating cost.
- I tell you something more shortly.